Location-Triggered Push Campaigns to Increase Visits & Sales
When it comes to dining, consumers have a menu of options to choose from – so much so that it can sometimes be difficult to make a decision. In order to remain relevant and top of mind, it’s important for any dining establishment to create mobile experiences that surprise and delight both loyal and new customers.
TGI Fridays was looking to increase mobile ordering via their app as well as drive customers to dine in.
Set up geofences around TGI Fridays restaurants, airports, malls, and other locations of interest inside Gimbal’s Location Platform.
Gimbal’s location technology detects when an app user is within proximity to one of the locations.
Via the Gimbal and Airship integration, push notifications are delivered to app users alerting them of special restaurant happenings, promotions, and other incentives.
- The campaign(s) resulted in an app open rate lift of 67% with location-triggered push messages vs. generic push.
- 80% open rate lift for football team region-based geofence during NFL playoffs.
- 100% open rate lift for a single location geofence during a Happy Hour campaign.
- 30% average open rate lift for special venue geofences such as airports and malls.
- There was an overall visitation frequency lift (return visits) with location-triggered push notifications.